The Ball Poem

ANSWERS To NCERT QUESTIONS

Q- 1 Why does the poet say, " I would not intrude on him ?" Why doesn't he offer him money to buy another ball ?
Ans-  The boy who has lost the ball is very sad. He is really shaken at the loss of his ball. The poet doesn't want to intrude him because the boy must learn to understand and accept loss.
Poet thinks that money cannot compensate for the loss. So, he doesn't give the boy money.

Q-  2  What does "in the world of possessions mean " mean ?
Ans-   It means the world of materialistic things. In such world, one's possessions carry importance.

Q- 3 Do you think  the boy  has lost anything earlier ? Pick out the words that suggest the answer.
Ans-  Yes, I think the boy has lost something earlier also. It is clear I'm the  opening line ' What is the boy now'.

Q- 4 What does the poet say the boy is learning from the loss of the ball ?Try to explain this in your own words .
Ans-  The poet says that the boy is learning the nature of the loss. In this world loss is fact. The boy has lost his ball. He is shaken by it. 
The poet is trying to make the people understand that everyone , young or old has to experience this reality of life, and learn to develop the strength to overcome the situation and move ahead in life.

Q - 5 Have you ever lost  something you liked very much ? Write a paragraph describing how you felt then, and saying whether -  and how - you got over your loss?
Ans- Yes, I have lost many of the things during the past years. But the loss of my camera will always remain fresh in my memory. My father had given me on my  fifteenth birthday. I was very happy . One day when I went to see  a match. I was in the bus and I placed my camera on the seat. When the bus stop came , I dropped out from the bus alone and forget camera in the bus. It was really a great loss of my life. I remained sad for many days at that loss.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essay- MY BEST FRIEND

PART OF SPEECH

SUBJECT - VERB- CONCORD